During P.E. classes with Mr. Crabtree, Saklan students have recently enjoyed parachute play. While the parachute is fun, it is also a great way for students of all ages to strengthen their muscles and to work on their social and emotional skills. Here are a few of the ways working together to use the parachute benefits our students:
- Works the muscles in the arms, shoulders, and hands.
- Allows for practice of basic loco-motor skills, such as running, leaping, skipping, and galloping.
- Helps students learn to listen carefully and follow directions.
- Encourages teamwork and cooperation.
- Promotes communication.
- Introduces physical activity as fun.
Students of all ages love playing with the parachute!