Dear Saklan Community,
As you may be aware, seven Bay Area counties, including Contra Costa County, announced on March 25th that they have made a unified decision to extend school closures through May 1st, 2020 in order to slow the spread of COVID-19 to the maximum extent possible.
The Saklan School will also follow this recommended timeline with the hope that we may be able to return to campus on Monday, May 4th. While we were prepared for this extension, it is still hard to realize we will be off-campus for a longer period of time. Our decision to reopen campus to in-person teaching will be made after carefully considering information provided by county and state officials. Until then, we are prepared to find new and creative ways to stay connected to one another and learn together.
We will be in touch in the coming weeks with more updates. Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we navigate this challenging situation. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.