A Great School…
In my previous blog post I wrote about using the Y-Chart to delve into gaining a participant’s voice in shaping a culture. I then asked for parents to use the Y-Chart to share with me their thoughts on what makes a great school. I received some thoughtful input that we will use to help shape our path forward. Thank you to those who took the time to share your thoughts.
Below is a sampling of your thoughts.
A great school looks like…
- sunshine and shade under a tree.
- busy, lively, diverse, inclusive.
- smiling, engaged people with faces full of curiosity and wonder.
- a welcoming and vibrant place with lots of stimulating activities and areas.
- a united community of students, parents, and teachers dedicated to cultivating a culture of learning.
A great school sounds like…
- a song.
- laughter, ideas, acceptance, help, openness.
- kids laughing and enjoying learning through hard work, experience, and fun.
- quiet, soothing, drums, singing, questions, comments, advice, Spanish, Mandarin, laughing.
A great school feels like…
- home, warm, caring, safe, an adventure, fresh, expansive, supportive.
- a place with a vision to create and nurture world changers, from all disciplines.
- home when you walk in the gate.
- a good workout – some sweat, some strain, and healthy challenges.
- a safe place where mistakes are okay and people cheer each other on to do their personal best.
Your participation helps us shape the future of Saklan. For a full list of the survey results, click here. There are some interesting trends to note.
Have a wonderful weekend,